Monday, June 27, 2011

I'M BACK...A Buddie I Forgot and One I've Fallen Out With!


OK, so yes, get all of your jokes out, your laughs, etc.  Yes, he finally beat me!  I have been enduring all that I deserve about the huge upset that took place on June 12, 2011.  Marc clocked in at an amazing 1:57:51 for the North Shore Half-Marathon.    I don't think I was as challenged by him beating me as I was about him running a sub two half.  How did it do that?  I guess fast don't lie! :)

Enough about him, I had a pretty rough race, I felt fatigued, dehydrated and just out of breathe for the whole race.  I ran sub 9 minute miles until about the 5.5 mile marker (with Marc) and then I just decided I needed to finish as best I could.  I actually didn't feel my tendinitis until about mile 9. I finished in 2:04 and some change.

I really didn't run much last week, I got new shoes which I am afraid of because the salesperson took me down from full motion control to stability.  I am now in a Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11.....we shall see...I did a couple of short runs in them without compliant and I finally got a Nuu Muu!  If I could ever find my friend again, (Running,) maybe I'd wear it!  I did do six miles at the trails with my running crew, however I felt like I was in a wind tunnel with all the wind going in the opposite direction of me.  The buddie I forgot last post, Daisy (the NEET guy's albino boxer,) felt just like I did during the run....she laid down and refused to go anymore in the middle of the trail!  That's what I am talking about.  Well, I'll give myself another week of weight training and cross-training and see if my running buddie wants to check in with me like old times!  Oh yeah, this pony tail is getting old, plus I think my hair is breaking off, gotta look for a new do! Until the Springbok finds a new running hair do or at least starts running again on a regular........

No comments:

Post a Comment