Thursday, June 2, 2011

"Ok, can I fit one more thing in today?"

So, hello to anyone who thinks enough of me to read this blog.  Its 10:50pm.  My 4-year old has been in bed for well over an hour.  She has the sniffles and is coughing periodically, but has managed to stay in bed without my assistance tonight.  My husband is in front of his favorite or second favorite 42-inch pass time, as I sit in front of mine in the bedroom.  We manage to share 2-3 minutes of time together periodically throughout the evening during commercial breaks.  He had a tough day at work and its best to let him be tonight.  I worked 6 hours and ran a 6 mile tempo run in the trails that I love.  The weather was great and my gear was pretty comfortable.  However, I wasn't completely comfortable running since I took a wrong turn and did a new trail by my mistake.  It wasn't bad, except I happened to run smack dab into two muddy unavoidable yucky puddles.  My shoes, (not my trail shoes, because I left them and my garmin at home by yet another mistake) are wet and black from the mud as well as my socks and feet after the run.  I listened to my Window Seat play list (Shout out to Ms. Badu! I averaged about a 9:20 pace on my Nike Plus, which happens to always be 20 seconds slower than my garmin, especially on the trails, so maybe I hit my race pace.  Got the North Shore Half Marathon in approximately a week and two days.  Not sure if I am ready to hit my sub 2:00 time, but I am sure that I still plan on beating my husband!  And lastly, my cornrows that my cousin so gracefully did for me four weeks ago, which I loved by the way, have had it!  They are puffy, loose and fuzzy!  Plus, my scalp feels like tiny ants are crawling all over it, marching in all different directions at one time!  I know they need to come down, but I dread having to do something to my needing a perm, but don't want one head. The creamy crack is calling! Probably will sport my big and curly half wig this weekend, but what happens on Monday to the head, the Lord only knows...cornrows, touch up or a braid out?....to be or not to be!  Too many decisions....I just want to RUN!....Maybe I should shave my head?.... Until the Springbok leaps again.

No comments:

Post a Comment