Saturday, June 4, 2011

MY RUNNING BUDDIES!

Let's see here....My running buddies are something else...A big hill, another big old hill, mosquitoes, a toe ring, horse poop, horse poop smell and then my favs...Tequila Sunrise, an Artist, a Short Techie, a Tall Techie, a NEET guy and last but most importantly, my lovely, handsome hubby.  The combination of these buddies made for great running today.  At 5:30am, the heat hit me and my cornrows like a dryer at a car wash!  We completed a great 8 miler in my favorite place to run these days, which was supposed to be a 2 hour run, thanks to my big mouth!  Me nor the heat were interested in running that long today.  Thanks to Marco Speedy Gonzales I ran an 8:19 mile pace during mile 6 of the run.  He just came out of no where and blew by me.  I am convinced he is a great rabbit! I felt great despite the heat.  HEAT for me is a great running partner for some reason, except for those moments when your breathe and air meet and both refuse to give in to the other and you panic momentarily, thinking, "I am gonna pass out!"  I did suffer a minor injury, I have self-diagnosed as peroneal tendinitis.  Plan to nurse it for a few days and be ready for my HALF.  No excuses, I will beat him, even if I have to cut my sore toes and my left leg off below my knee.  OK, really, my husband is running quite well.  I have to keep talking trash because I feel a !#%*-whooping in the near future.....Well, not so near! :) Anyway, got my braids down on the way home from the trails....and after taking Aerin to a bday party and hosting a dinner book club, my head still looks the same way it did when I left the trails!  I see a wig in my definite future.  Alright, I'm out of here, gotta rest my eyes some time. I am 18 hours into my 40 hour weekend of festivities, you know what, a baseball hat will do fine for church tomorrow.  God has seen my head and He hasn't given up on me yet!  :).....Until the hobbling Springbok hits the road again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment