Friday, March 9, 2012

Nirvana....4a, Sprint Intervals and Construction Hats

Helloooooo!
I have had such a busy few weeks, but I did not want to allow another one to go by without checking in. My Shamrock race training is going fairly well. I have unfortunately missed a few crucial training days, due to work, family or teaching commitments, but none the less, I feel pretty confident about the upcoming run. I have learned to listen to when my body says, its time to rest and when it's time to speed up. I refused to accept unnecessary injuries, because I won't to listen to her! Listen to the pain, folks! It means something..... Nirvana#1 (BTW...The Chicago Shamrock closes this weekend!)

 
I recently came to the conclusion that the "Big Chop" is in my near future. Why stay in bondage to this transitioning hair? (Clarification: Big Chop-to cut off all of the existing relaxed or permed hair and be satisfied with the natural stuff that is left. Transitioning- the period of time that a person moves from permed or relaxed hair to all natural hair.) FREEDOM!.......Nirvana#2

So, now I have also discovered or at least I think, I have 4A natural hair. I am a newbie to all of this so I didn't realize there was a natural hair scale. Wow! Times have truly changed. Nappy used to be negative and ugly to many. I think the days of hearing "good hair" are almost over or a least behind us. Amen somebody!

  My sprint intervals are pretty exciting for me these days! I am averaging approximately 7:30 min per mile splits for my 0.25 mile, of which I have to complete 6 to 10 during speed sessions. I'll take em! So Tina A. Swain, I might be closer to your challenge than I thought!.....Black Girls Run!....and can run fast!....Nirvana#3

And lastly, I had one more inspiring moment, listening just today to a podcast about a wonderful book by Dr. West Stafford of Compassion International called, Just One Minute......Basically, you never want to miss even a minute of an opportunity to impact the life of a child. When you are with them, put on your construction hats because they are always an opportunity at work!...Nirvana#4

........Until the  4A Springbok writes again!

"There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in."
Graham Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment