Saturday, January 21, 2012

Running In The Elements

Ok,
So I ran today in the snow. While it was a short run and a slow one, I can honestly say that it was one of the best runs I've had. The snow was falling, I had to run primarily in the street, through slush and defend my feet from the elements. Thank God for gortex! 3m 34:38 11:33 pace avg bpm 162. I know, nothing but....".SLOW! However, the reason I am reporting that this was a good run is because, I did it for me! I was able to have a full conversation with my spirit and my God! No, I am not crazy! I've heard other runners speak of it as a spiritual experience, but I don't think I've experienced many of them myself. Oh yeah, my hair is in a tight secure bun at the nape of my neck and as a result,I have a headache!! I miss my running buddies......

The 5 senses were given to us as gifts to help us enjoy this world and help us to be alerted of harm. They were never intended to govern the spirit man -C. Dollar

No comments:

Post a Comment